.post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; } .post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; }

Monday, February 13, 2017

"The weeks are flying by!"


The weeks are flying by now, which is super nice!! This week not too much happened, but I will make it as interesting as possible!


We had 2 more baptisms this week, they were both very good! One of the boys who was baptized, is super shy, but after he came out of the water, he had the biggest smile on his face, and it made my day! He showed up to church the next Sunday and was so excited. He is 9 and loves the church!


I got all my packages, and I love them!! They meant so much to me, getting packages is awesome!! I will try to send pics of all of them, but I forgot my cord so I am limited on the amount of pics I can send! But I loved them very much 😊. I get so excited about the food.  I love the Mac and Cheese and popcorn.   We actually have a working microwave! Our oven is busted, but the microwave works! I will probably be transferred so we will see how the new house is, but they make sure that the mission houses all have fridges and microwaves! 

All my packages!! I was so pumped!!!


There is a fee for every package  you receive in Zimbabwe. It ranges anywhere from $5 to over $100 and there is no way to guess how much they will charge you. It's just whatever the person delivering the package decides to charge. The most I have been charged for one is $78. The mission home pays the fee for you and since money is scarce in certain areas of the mission you have your full mission to pay the mission home back for your fees! People will joke with President saying they won't pay for their packages, and he says don't worry, I have your passport. hahah.

Ryanne's Package


We had interviews with President on Friday, which was awesome! I love our mission president so much, he's a very good man and is a really good guy! He hinted that I would be transferred, so we will have to see what happens 2 weeks from today!


I went into my house this past week, I think Wednesday night, and had a weird feeling that I wasn't in the room alone. I flicked on the light, and sure enough, there was a stray cat sleeping in my bed. It saw me and ran under my bed, and it took a while but we got the cat to leave! The problem is that our door doesn't shut all the way cause anytime it rains the door warps. So any animal or lizard or bug that wants to get in, gets in.

This is "Joseph Smith," president of Washington DC.... the guy who tried to baptize himself in last week's letter. He showed up to church so I had to take a pic! Of course he laid his head on me hahah.


We went golfing today! Who would have guessed, golfing in Zimbabwe! Golfing was okay, but it was hot and it was taking forever and all of us missionaries are TERRIBLE golfers. Like we are all so bad! We only played half of what we payed for because we were taking so long.

Shredded wheat is THE BEST


We went to pizza again Tuesday night! But I have been having so many stomach issues it's hard to have fun sometimes! The days are long, but I am just fighting each day! I've been having stomach issues for about 3 weeks now. I hope we figure them out soon, they are killing! I told my Mission President and he said it isn't normal what I am having, so he said he will try to help me! He contacted someone about it and they will call me sometime.

Got one braid in my hair just for fun... I took it out after like 2 minutes! 
Really tempted to get dreads!!! 😂😂😂


That's basically the week! Love you all, Elder Cazier

**We sent Cayden a picture of Branson buying stuffed animals for a toy drive...


Cayden's Response: "Branson looks the same, but I feel like he is way older!! 
Dang I miss him, and Walmart. I miss Walmart really bad."

**Cayden also said he misses the snow and cold weather, so I sent him this picture last week:
(Yes this is a LEGO minifigure that I made a little missionary name tag for)


Packages in bubble wrap envelopes have the best success rate of actually making it to Zimbabwe and they are rarely opened up and inspected. Several of the items I have sent to Cayden have been a challenge to get into the smaller envelopes. But they have all fit in the end. 

A hand washer for doing laundry:


A New Bag


And even a deflated basketball and a pump!  The church building has an old hoop but no ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment