.post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; } .post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; }

Monday, February 20, 2017

Cyclone Rains and Lots of Cute Kiddos


Another week goes by! It was an interesting week this last week, well it's Africa so every week is interesting!!😂 This could be my last week in Bulawayo, transfer news comes out this Saturday! If I am transferred, I may not be able to email next week, we will see what happens! 
This transfer went dang fast!



I wear a sweatshirt every night, when I sleep. I sweat like crazy, but it keeps me from getting mosquito bites! I didn't wear it once, and now have 30 bites on my arms, it sucks.

Trying on Glasses...



We didn't have a baptism this week, one girl was semi ready so we just moved her back,
and will baptize her this Saturday!

 Pics from last week's Baptisms. 


Joy and Zoe. I love these two little girls! The Zoe girl, the one in white, I want to steal really bad.




I
I cut my hair cause I was getting so annoyed of how long it was! Had a Mohawk for 5 minutes... Then I shaved it off. I will never do that, it looks so bad. 😂😂😂


Thursday night we got a text from the office giving us a warning that cyclone rains were coming. I didn't believe it till Friday hit, and it poured all day, non-stop. We couldn't even leave our house it was raining so hard. There are holes in our roof as well so water was dripping on our floors. There's a hole right over my bed so of course, my bed got soaked haha. It was raining so hard that water started dripping down our walls. It was okay though, cause it gave me time to really study from the Book of Mormon and clean the whole house. The rain was supposed to continue through Monday, but thankfully it stopped and we were able to go out all day Saturday and teach. The rain started back up again Sunday so it was pretty off and on!

Our house with dripping walls.



A nice 1 dollar bill in Zim. Seriously, this is the nicest one you can find.
(**Zimbabwe uses U.S. Currency)


A typical cockroach killing and our pet cats.



This lizard kept scaring me to death cause I would go to grab something when it is dark and I would accidentally touch it and I would freak!!



 I had maize (corn) for the first time here. It is nothing like American sweet corn, I can tell you that. I was so excited when a member gave me some, I took a bite expecting it to be good and yeah, it wasn't. I couldn't even finish what the member gave me because it was that bad. It is so bland and has a grainy blah taste, and it is very hard. It's not plump and juicy like American corn, but flat and bland, and definitely something I don't want to eat often. I understand now why they grind it into sadza. Sadza tastes like nothing, just super bland. Cause it's literally just the bland corn, ground up.

A Flooded Maize Field


Mchega, another kid I want to steal lol.


Dinner with the Nklumane Elders, Elder Shamanis(NC) and Elder Hanson(WA)



Golfing in Zimbabwe. I forgot I was in Zim for a few hours when I golfed. It was about $8 a person! That is including a taxi to get there, a ball, and renting clubs




 Fun fact about Zimbabwe. The mama's her iron EVERYTHING. Every piece of clothing they iron. It makes no sense to me at all. They say it takes all day to iron, and I was so confused, like how could ironing take all day? Well it's cause they iron everything. Shirts, shorts, pants, underwear, socks, all of it. And they don't just iron the outside. So I watched mama Gobvu, a 50 year old member, iron a pair of her grandson's shorts. She ironed each pant leg on the front, then flipped the shorts over and ironed the backs. Then she turned the shorts inside out and ironed the inside of the shorts, both front and back. Then she pulled out the pockets and ironed the pockets of the shorts. This is a pair of shorts we are talking about. Children's basketball shorts, that don't even get wrinkly. So for all those mom's that get the chance to read my email, be thankful for the way you have to do laundry, cause here they hand wash everything, then iron it all how I just described.


The boxed milk is fine! I am already used to it, but I cant drink it straight yet. I can almost eat an onion raw now! It just burns. I eat them like apples!





Okay I'll be honest, I want to steal these twins as well, Princess and Priscilla. They are scared of me cause I am white. That's what you find, either kids try to touch you, or are deathly scared of you cause you are white. Most babies start screaming when you try to touch them.
One of the twins likes me, the other is scared of me.



So Larry Junior left to the rural areas. He was gone for weeks, and then his mom finally returned. I stopped by her house on Saturday and Larry wasn't there. She said she had left him in the rural areas and he will be coming back in a few weeks.... which means I wont be seeing him again. So I left the Legos, 3 cars, and 3 pictures with his mom and said to give them to him when he gets back. Cause with transfers I wont be seeing him again! She was very grateful, and told me he always talks about me, but can't pronounce my name right! She later told me at church that she called him and he was super excited about the stuff! 

Loved all my packages! The basketball and the pump made it safe, and they are great!! The Elders have been begging to play ball!  Mom washed the bed sheets before she sent them to me and they  smelled exactly like home, it was awesome. I even handed them to my companion and said smell these and he was like wow those smell so good!!! I loved them, and stuck them in my suitcase so when I get transferred I can use those at my new house!!


Peggy sent me a ton of organic foods! They were all very nice, and she sent goldfish and things like that! You can probably see it all in the picture! Tell her thank you very much 😊



So that is my week! The weeks are starting to blend together, my mission is officially moving now! Have a great week everyone, I miss you all! Elder Cazier

No comments:

Post a Comment