.post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; } .post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; }

Monday, March 20, 2017

Monkeys, Dogs and Chickens

Working hard...

Another week down! Mission is moving fast, and it is already week 4, and the transfer is getting closer to being over! We still have had zero investigators show up to church! This area is complete opposite of my last area! 

 The nicest emailing place in Kadoma! In the picture the computers aren't put out yet.


Church!



  One thing I am getting sick of is monkeys running on the roof of our house. They sprint across our roof and chill in our back yard, eating the fruit off our trees. At first I thought it was cool to have monkeys around, but more and more keep showing up and they are a nuisance! One almost came in our house, and was poking his head in the window watching us! It's funny, but kind of scary! Monkeys aren't the nicest of creatures. 

Monkey chilling in the tree in our back yard, and on our shed! 




 Saw this dude in a taxi with us.... He had a Seattle Seahawks shirt on, with a Cleveland sign below it. What are the chances?? 


 A guy showed us his amphitheater! Nicest place in Kadoma! 



So I went to the doctor and they said I had a bladder stone which is why I was having stomach issues. So at zone conference I went and talked to Sister Mkhabela and she had me call the mission doctor. He told me there was no way I had a bladder stone, that the doctors were dumb, and that it was just me adjusting to the life here in Zim. Which I am not 100% sure since I have been here for 6 months. So he said just wait it out and it will go away.  So then I went to church, and there was a doctor guy there at church visiting out of Harare, a complete coincidence! I talked with him about my problems and he said there is no way I have a bladder stone, and that I've also been here way to long to be "still adjusting to the life." So he said he would look into it for me, and that he would get back to me on what he thinks it is! I don't know what it is, but I am sick of having stomach pain, it sucks!! I didn't even go to the field on Saturday cause I felt super sick and and was nauseous. But I felt a little better Sunday and feel better today.  I've received a priesthood blessing, but 6 weeks of pain just doesn't seem right! 

 A dog that loved hugging my leg! It was awesome!! 



Our area... Kadoma




Roger Wright went on the same mission over 20 years ago and he emailed an explanation as to why the women iron every piece of clothing including the underwear:
"They iron all their clothes because they air dry them on the clothesline and little bugs land in the clothes. They iron them to kill the bugs otherwise they borrow into your skin when wearing them."

  The amazing African sun!!! It was so red, you could look at it without it hurting your eyes 





 We had zone conference in Gweru on Tuesday , it was sweet! As you can see from the pics I saw Elder Banks and the other elders and it was awesome. I really enjoyed!   My companion is great! I really am enjoying with him. And zone conferences are amazing. I love them so much and seeing my buddies is so good. With the new mission changes, we have zone conference every transfer, so that will be really fun!






On the way there, we got stopped by the police, and they tried to give us a ticket cause our car was dirty. Seriously. They couldn't find any laws that we were breaking, so they said "You have some dirt on your car, that is making our clean roads dirty. Ten dollars fine." We were like what?? So we argued and argued and eventually they said we could go, that they will let us off this time. That is Zimbabwe police for you!! 

 Zimbabwe roads. So bad that the people drive on the side of the road, not on the actual road.


My friend showing me that chickens don't bite, after I promised him that they bite people.


Still so bummed there aren't that many kids in my area.



 There are so many fake Nikes here. People sell fake Nike shoes on the side of the road, for ten dollars, and they are so fake! I saw a pair of L23 Lebrons, and was gonna buy them cause if they were real, they would be worth a lot of money! So I look inside of them and they had a big MADE IN CHINA sign, and looked nothing like a pair of Nikes would look. So I knew they were fake so I didn't buy them!  

We went golfing in Kadoma but this time we golfed for way too long and I was super done. 

(The city of Kadoma was known as Gatooma until 1982)











That was my week! I hope my stomach gets better, we will see and I will keep informing! It's nothing I can't handle, it just sucks always having an aching stomach! Peace! Elder Cazier 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amy, but it was a "little" more than 20 years ago. Try 37 :)

    ReplyDelete