.post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; } .post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; }

Monday, January 16, 2017

Another Crazy Week!

Hey guys!!! This was a crazy week, so I will try to fit in every thing that I can! But I was not transferred, so I will be serving in Entumbane another 6 weeks with Elder Guajardo. Like half of our zone left, so did Elder Bollinger which was hard, but that is mission life so you find new people to hang with!
Cutting Bollinger's hair. It was week six, which means no one shaves, 
so as you can tell neither of us shaved haha 




Elder Bullinger and a really cool tree


So I have spent all day with Elder Gunther and Elder Sink, and they are sweet guys!!! We went to the Khami ruins, it was super cool but too expensive for a 5 minute thing. So we just took pics of where we were, and things like that! But it was really fun! We got to go out to the bush bush, where no one lives, legit Africa!! And it rained like crazy so it was quiet an experience!

The "Bush" Hike





Today's pics, featuring Elder Gunther and Elder Sink.



 And this is why we filter our water in Zim hahah. I have never seen a GREEN river like this.


And that is our water filter in a month, compared to a new one, yuck!!


 A crazy thing happened, we were given a referral to go see the head of police in Entumbane. So on Thursday me and my companion went and visited him at the police station. I wont lie, I was scared to death! Because he is pretty high up in the political ranks. We visited him, and long story short, we got a tour of the police station and are going back on Wednesday to give a 45 minute to an hour preach to all the police officers. I am scared as heck, but it will be an experience I will never forget!




Suffering in the elements in the Zimbabwe Harare Mission! Only In Zimbabwe my friends. 
I'm not scared of weeds anymore. 




The tadpoles are attacking the mango in the water.

The food is going better, I was almost given caterpillars but the members knew that I would freak out so they didn't. lol.  I ate the middle part of a bone which was soooo gross. It tasted ok but was slimy and just not good. The thought of eating was just gross mostly. Yuck!  We had a terrific Tuesday dinner in town, which is buy one get one free pizza!! Yes, there is pizza in Zimbabwe, but only one or so places and it's super expensive! There, the elders determined that my spirit animal is a kangaroo, cause apparently I am from Australia cause my skin is so dark!


One of the funniest things I learned about Zimbabwe, is that they call farts, puffs. So if you fart, they say "ah he puffed!!" I thought that was funny.



One thing about Zimbabwe, is the stars are sooooo beautiful. The sky is so clear at night, I can easily distinguish Orion's Belt and many others. I actually saw a legit shooting star and made a nice wish😉 The frogs here are insane. We've been getting a ton of rain, and all the tadpoles just turned to baby frogs, so it legit looks like the ground is moving with baby frogs. I will be honest, I have killed so many on accident, they just jump under your shoes when you step!

Me holding some of my Christmas Package 


 The only basketball court in Zim hahah. 


And this is mchlega. Yes he peed on me hahaha 




So this was my week, miss you guys like crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment